I know, another stew but it’s 40 degrees in Michigan so it’s ok. This recipe was found through Pintrest searching.
Original Recipe Page: http://www.smockityfrocks.com/2009/09/crock-pot-chicken-posole-stew.html
The Pintrest page of 100 Crock Pot recipes I got it from: http://www.humoroushomemaking.com/100-days-of-no-processed-meals-crock-pot-style
This is delicious. Trust me, you want it.
Time: 8 Crockpot hours
Skill Level: Easy
Amount: 4 – 6 Servings
2 bone-in chicken breastI used 3 boneless, skinless breast (I buy frozen bulk)
- 2 (15oz) cans white hominy, rinsed and drained (or one BIG can)
3 cups chicken stockOne box of chicken broth
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- One bunch of green onions, chopped, green and white parts
- 1 Tbl ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Queso Fresco for toppings! (must have)
- Put everything in the crockpot EXCEPT THE QUESO FRESCO.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Eat, topped with queso fresco