This week we tried a recipe I found on Pintrest. http://therecipecritic.com/2015/08/slow-cooker-mongolian-beef/
I forgot to take a picture.
After much consideration, I have decided to post the good and bad on this blog. Not all recipes turn out. In fact some get thrown out. Like any experiment there is a lot of room for failure, and that’s ok!
This recipe was good not great. I liked it but not enough to want to make it again next week. I think if I were to do it again, I would change it a bit or try a different recipe all together. The sauce seemed too sweet? Not sure what it was, but it did not wow me. Maybe it will wow you? At least it’s easy.
Time: 6-8 Crockpot hours
Skill Level: Extremely easy
Amount: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 1/4 cups of cornstarch
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 3/4 cups soy sauce
- 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup grated carrots
- green onions for garnish
- Rice – cooked for serving with
- Cut flank steak into thin strips. Coat pieces with cornstarch.
- Add everything except the green onions and rice to the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender and cooked through.
- Serve over rice with green onions.