I never knew you could cook ribs in crookpot until I came across the “Dem Ribs” post on http://www.reddit/r/slowcooking by /u/jrstelle.
The post is entertaining and delicious. Since then we have only cooked ribs in a crockpot and I have adapted my own recipe for them. Below is my recipe. Both are delicious.
Time: 8 slow cooker hours + 15 minutes of prep
Skill Level: SOOOOooooo easy
Amount: 1 whole rack of ribs
- 1 rack of ribs
- BBQ sauce of your choice (We prefer Stubs bbq sauce)
- 2 Tbl chili powder
- 1 Tbl smoke paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl mix the chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. You can adjust this dry rub to your own tastes obviously.
- Cut your rack of ribs in half
- Smother the two halves with the dry rub. Really rub it on/into the meat.
- Place your ribs on their sides in the slowcooker so that they sort of stand up and don’t lay on top of one another
- Drizzle half of your bbq sauce over the ribs.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- Take the racks out and place on a cookie sheet. Broil them for about 5 minutes to get a crispy top.