This was extremely delicious. I ate leftover filling even without the tortilla it was just so delicious. This recipe is from reddit.com/r/slowcooking by Arresseff.
You can make the salsa or not. Your choice. I enjoyed it.
Time: 8 slow cooker hours + 20 min before and after work
Skill Level: Easy
Amount: 4 big burritos
- 2 roma tomatoes – diced
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbl garlic – minced
- 1 Tbl lime juice
- 2 jalapenos – diced
- salt and pepper to taste
Meat and Burrito
- 2lbs Stewing beef cut into chunks
- 1 onion – diced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup pureed tomato
- 2 Tbl garlic – chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce – chopped
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheese
Do this: (My steps will vary slightly from the original post)
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker
- Add onion, broth, tomato, garlic, cumin, and chipotle peppers to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Remove the beef and any bits with tongs and transfer to a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- With your oven on broil and rack as close as possible, place your beef and broil for about 3 mins.
- Make your burrito with the beef and salsa and cheese! Then remake it because you definitely overfilled it and it wont close.
- Grill your burrito for about 1 min on each side in a fry pan. (optional)