These bars are a highly requested and beloved item by not only us but my husband’s coworkers. I can’t say much more about them other than SUPER delicious. These are sweet and more suited for dessert than a breakfast bar.
I learned about these from Pintrest. Original post here: http://delightfulemade.com/2014/08/20/blueberry-oatmeal-breakfast-bars/
Time: 1 hour 20 mins
Skill level: SUPER Easy
Amount: ~18 bars
- 2 1/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) – melted
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 cups frozen blueberries or fresh
- 1 Tbl sugar
- 1 Tbl corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl add oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl or large 1 gallon bag add the blueberries, sugar, and corn starch. Mix to combine.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and add 3/4 of the oatmeal mixture. Press down to create a firm layer.
- Add the blueberry mixture and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake until top becomes golden brown. The original recipe says 20 min. It has always taken me at least an hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!