These were good, and I will definitely make them again. They are messy but when are lettuce wraps not? This was another Pinterest find. My version varies slightly; no rice, no chestnuts, chicken browned on stove, and everything put in crockpot at once.
Original link here: http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/02/slow-cooker-asian-chicken-lettuce-wraps/
Time: 6-8 slow cooker hours + 15-20 minutes prep
Skill Level: I AM NO LONGER PUTTING SKILL LEVEL. I believe 90% cooking is easy but some recipes take more effort than others and that’s really what drives a person to make a meal or not. SO, from now on I will put an effort level instead of a skill level.
Effort: Minimal effort required
Amount: Approximately 10 lettuce wraps.
- 2lbs ground chicken (not chicken breasts)
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 red bell pepper – chopped
- 1/2 onion – chopped
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 TBl soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onion
- 1 Tbl rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 head of iceburg lettuce
- I’m not sure this is absolutely necessary but I cooked the chicken in a large skillet on the stovetop until almost cooked through and drained off the water before adding to the crockpot.
- Add everything to the crockpot, except your lettuce of course, and set on low for 6-8 hours.
- Cut the head of lettuce in half. The inner pieces are the best to use for the wraps.