We first found a curry chicken salad at Whole Foods. It was delicious and very expensive, so I decided to just make it myself. Eat it by itself, on a bed of lettuce, with crackers, etc… It’s really good.
Time: 10 minutes for the salad + 30-40 minutes for baking the chicken.
Amount: 4 + servings. Depends on how you eat it (alone, with salad, etc)
- 2 chicken breasts, salted and peppered – Baked (350F for 30-40 minutes or until internal temp is 165F) – chopped into cubes
- 1 Tbl lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayo
- ~1 Tbl curry powder
- ~1 tsp chili powder
- ~1 tsp garam masala
- 1 carrot – peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery – chopped
- 1 apple – cored and chopped
- ~1/4 cup rasins
The spices are estimated because I don’t measure when doing this recipe. I go purely on taste and adjust as needed. ie) More or less mayo or lemon juice or chili powder.
- Mix it all together in a large bowl
- Adjust taste to your own preferences
- Chill in fridge!