This dish was OUTSTANDING! Full of amazing flavor and it was super quick and easy to make. Also, it was the perfect amount for two people. I loved it and will be having this regularly.
A Pintrest find: http://www.pickledplum.com/house-foods-honey-sriracha-tofu/
Time: 20 minutes…YEP total
Effort Level: Low
Amount: 2 servings
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 block (14oz) extra firm tofu (You could substitute any meat here also)
- 2 Tbl Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbl Soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbl Honey
- 1 Tbl rice vinegar
- Corn starch (~2 Tbl) Enough to coat tofu or meat
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbl sesame seeds
- Green onion (garnish) – chopped
- 1/2 cup white rice (If you do whole grain the dish will take MUCH longer)
- Start by cooking your rice according to the directions
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu and use paper towels to remove as much water as possible by patting and lightly pressing the tofu.
- Cut the tofu block into 1″ cubes and coat with corn starch.
- In a small bowl whisk together the Sriracha, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant
- Add the tofu and fry until golden brown on all sides. MIX/TURN CAREFULLY! Tofu is delicate.
- Turn your heat down to low and add the sauce mixture.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until all tofu is coated and sauce has reduced.
- Add the sesame oil and seeds. Mix.
- By this time your rice should be done and you can plate!
- Garnish with the green onion.