Maangchi dumplings. These are our new favorite snacks for lunches etc… They can be freezed and then you can cook as many as you would like at a time.
Maangchi made hers with shrimp but I have decided to stuff them with veggies. You can stuff them with whatever you would like!
See Maangchi here: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/saeu-buchu-mandu
Time: ~1 hour to prep and 10 minutes to steam
Effort: A lot. It just takes a lot of time to stuff them all
Amount: 50 dumplings
- 2 bunches of green onion – chopped small
- 2 cups mushrooms – chopped small
- 1 carrot – chopped small
- 1/2 block of extra firm tofu – drained
- 1 package (50 count) dumpling wrappers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbl potato starch
- In a large mixing bowl mix your veggies
- Squeeze out as much water as possible from the tofu and add it to the bowl
- Add the salt, pepper, sesame oil, and potato starch. Mix until fully homogeneous.
- Put a wrapper on your palm and put some water on the edge of the wrapper. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling to the center of the wrapper and fold it along the edge to seal.
- Fold ripples into the edge to hold it together and make a nice looking pouch.
- Your dumplings can be placed on a cookie sheet and placed in the freezer. Once frozen you can place them in a bag and use as needed.
- When you’re ready to have some you can steam them in your favorite steamer for 10 minutes or until the wrapper becomes translucent.