This is a Pintrest recipe modified. Original link here: http://creolecontessa.com/2016/05/baked-fajita-tacos/
These are delicious. I may play with the recipe next time and make a tomatillo salsa for topping. Quick, simple, makes a lot, and yummy. What else could you want in a meal? Also, this is a great make-ahead meal that can just be baked when you’re ready.
Time: 30 minutes
Effort level: Low. I mean you have to cut the veggies so there’s some.
Amount: 10 tacos
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper – chopped
- 1 poblano pepper – chopped
- 1 onion – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/2 Tbl Chili powder
- 1/2 Tbl Creole or similar seasoning
- 1/2 Tbl Oregano
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Oil (Canola, veggie, olive, etc…)
- Hard shell taco shells (I used the flat bottom ones for easy assembly)
- Cheese of choice (We prefer Queso fresco when doing Mexican cuisine)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place oil of choice (~1 Tbl) in large skillet and saute the peppers and onion until softened (~10 minutes)
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add the beef and seasoning. Cook until meat is fully cooked through.
- Optional step: Drain the meat and veggies
- STOP HERE IF MAKING AHEAD!
- Line a baking pan with your taco shells and stuff with the filling.
- Add the cheese and bake in a 375 oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.