This was super delicious. I love having breakfast for dinner. It’s a good way to sneak in a vegetarian meal during your busy weeknights also.
Pintrest idea No. 10072 : http://www.iwashyoudry.com/2016/04/22/huevos-rancheros-breakfast-tostadas-avocado-salsa-verde/
Time: 20 minutes unless you make the beans and guac ahead of time.
Effort Level: Super duper easy
Amount: 8 servings ( You don’t have to make all 8 at once )
You need this:
- 2 tomatillos – husked and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno – sliced
- 1 avocado – peeled and pit removed
- 1/2 lime – juiced (~1 Tbl of lime juice)
- Salt to taste
- 1 (14.5oz) can of black beans – rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbl water
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 lime – juiced
- pinch of salt
- 8 corn tostada shells
- Shredded cheese or delicious mexican cheese
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced cherry tomatoes (optional) – Didn’t really add anything to the dish other than color on the plate.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mostly combined.
- Set aside or refrigerate up to a week
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Set aside or refrigerate up to 4 days
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place tostada shells in an even layer on baking sheet
- Spread some black bean mixture over each tostada.
- Sprinkle on some cheese.
- Bake tostadas for about 5 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
- Cook eggs to preferred egginess
- Top your tostadas with your eggs and avocado mix.