For my first post back, I give you this “Keto” bread. If you’re attempting weight loss, low carb, or keto diet then you need this bread.
Does it taste like normal white/wheat bread? No. It’s made with almond flour….soooo yeah it’s going to have a nutty taste.
Does it feel like bread? YES! It really does. It can be toasted and grilled too!
I found this recipe from a post by hotsoupisonmyeye on r/ketorecipes https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/comments/5nc6k9/my_girlfriend_and_i_had_a_craving_for_grilled/
The original bread recipe is here: http://ketoconnect.net/recipe/best-keto-bread/
Time: 45 minutes
Effort Level: Easy
Amount: 1 loaf
You need this:
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 6 large eggs – separated
- 4 Tbl butter – melted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Separate egg whites from the yolks into a large bowl or kitchen aid mixer. Add cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat until soft to medium peaks are achieved.
- In a food processor or blender combine the egg yolks, butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
- I recommend transferring your dough to a large bowl and using a spatula add the egg whites in two batches. Fold the egg whites in, mixing as little as possible to combine. NOTE: Too much mixing will cause the bread to not rise as much. It’s still good but you have little breads like the one in my picture!
- Butter a loaf pan and pour in your batter.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes!