Good weeknight meal. Quick and easy to make along with being delicious.
Whenever cooking chicken I prefer chicken thighs. Dark meat is harder to overcook. I always have a more tender and juicy piece of chicken than if I used breast meat.
This was a Pinterest find. Original link with step by step pictures here: http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/12/10/extra-crispy-lemon-and-thyme-chicken
Effort: Low. Specially if you used boneless skinless thighs
Time: 30-40 minutes
Amount: 3-4 servings depending on how many thighs you use.
You need this:
- 6-8 thighs. Either boneless skinless (I recommend) or boned and then bone removed.
- 1 Tbl freshly chopped thyme
- 1 lemon – juiced (the original recipe calls for lemon zest but I didn’t use it. It’s already lemony enough)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (I have a big container of pre-minced garlic in my freezer and estimate what 2 cloves would be.)
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 2 Tbl butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl along with the thyme, lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place your thighs in the pan (One layer please. No overlap.)
- Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Flip and cook for about 3 more minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with broccoli or any side you like.
This was good. It satisfied my weekly pizza craving without going way over on calories or carbs. It holds up too. I ate it with my hands and not a fork!
I found this on reddit.com/r/ketorecipes
It’s called fathead pizza and the crust recipe is originally from here: http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/
*Tools/ingredients that you need and not everyone uses daily are baking parchment paper and almond flour. If Kayla is reading this…You need a microwave.
Effort Level: Low amount of effort. You mix you roll.
Time: 30-45 minutes
Amount: 1 full size thin crust pizza – 8 slices
You need this:
- 1 & 3/4 cup grated and/or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbl cream cheese
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- Other herbs if you want. i.e)Rosemary
- Pizza sauce of choice
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl add the cheese, almond flour, and cream cheese.
- Roughly mix together and microwave 1 minute.
- Stir mixture and microwave another 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.(Dough will be wet and sticky)
- Place in-between two pieces of parchment paper and roll into desired size and thickness.
- Remove one piece of parchment and slide the crust, still on the parchment paper, onto a pizza pan.
- Bake at 425F for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
- Remove and flip over on the parchment paper.
- Bake other side at 425F for another 5 minutes or until that side is also browned.
- Remove and add desired and pre-cooked toppings.
- Cook until cheese is completely melted and toppings are hot.