This was good. It satisfied my weekly pizza craving without going way over on calories or carbs. It holds up too. I ate it with my hands and not a fork!
I found this on reddit.com/r/ketorecipes
It’s called fathead pizza and the crust recipe is originally from here: http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/
*Tools/ingredients that you need and not everyone uses daily are baking parchment paper and almond flour. If Kayla is reading this…You need a microwave.
Effort Level: Low amount of effort. You mix you roll.
Time: 30-45 minutes
Amount: 1 full size thin crust pizza – 8 slices
You need this:
- 1 & 3/4 cup grated and/or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbl cream cheese
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- Other herbs if you want. i.e)Rosemary
- Pizza sauce of choice
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl add the cheese, almond flour, and cream cheese.
- Roughly mix together and microwave 1 minute.
- Stir mixture and microwave another 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.(Dough will be wet and sticky)
- Place in-between two pieces of parchment paper and roll into desired size and thickness.
- Remove one piece of parchment and slide the crust, still on the parchment paper, onto a pizza pan.
- Bake at 425F for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
- Remove and flip over on the parchment paper.
- Bake other side at 425F for another 5 minutes or until that side is also browned.
- Remove and add desired and pre-cooked toppings.
- Cook until cheese is completely melted and toppings are hot.