Good weeknight meal. Quick and easy to make along with being delicious.
Whenever cooking chicken I prefer chicken thighs. Dark meat is harder to overcook. I always have a more tender and juicy piece of chicken than if I used breast meat.
This was a Pinterest find. Original link with step by step pictures here: http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/12/10/extra-crispy-lemon-and-thyme-chicken
Effort: Low. Specially if you used boneless skinless thighs
Time: 30-40 minutes
Amount: 3-4 servings depending on how many thighs you use.
You need this:
- 6-8 thighs. Either boneless skinless (I recommend) or boned and then bone removed.
- 1 Tbl freshly chopped thyme
- 1 lemon – juiced (the original recipe calls for lemon zest but I didn’t use it. It’s already lemony enough)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (I have a big container of pre-minced garlic in my freezer and estimate what 2 cloves would be.)
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 2 Tbl butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl along with the thyme, lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place your thighs in the pan (One layer please. No overlap.)
- Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Flip and cook for about 3 more minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with broccoli or any side you like.