This was easy and tasty. The recipe originally calls for it to be baked in an oven for over an hour. This would probably create an amazing crispy and juicy chicken…Ain’t nobody got time for that. This cooks just fine in a crockpot and its tender awesome. If you want crispy I’m sure it can go under the broiler for a few minutes too.
I got this from: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com
Time: 8 slow cooker hours and about 20 minutes for prep (night before). The green sauce takes about 5 minutes or less.
Effort Level: Medium-ish. If you do the crockpot it’s less effort. An immersion blender is nice to have for the sauce so you don’t have to get out the big blender.
Amount: Depends on how big your chicken is! 2-4 servings
For the marinade and chicken:
- 1 whole chicken – no guts and stuff
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp ground paprika
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
For the green sauce: (I didn’t use cilantro. I upped the jalapeno count.)
- 2 (or more) jalapenos, seeded or unseeded depending on your spice tolerance
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a blender or use an immersion blender to create a smooth paste.
- Rub the paste all over the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Place in a crockpot on low for 8 hours (or high for 4-6)
- OR place in a 400F oven for 70 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reads 165F.
- To make the green sauce, combine all the ingredients in a blender or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Serve the green sauce over the chicken and ENJOY!
I love this.So much so I’ve already made it again. Which means, not only did I find it very tasty but it’s easy to do!
I found this recipe here: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com
You will be seeing more from this site too! I highly recommend checking it out and searching the recipes.
*This meal can be made ahead of time and cooked later!
Effort level: Easy-medium. Multiple steps, and you need a blender so more effort is required on the cleaning side than anything.
Amount: 3-4 servings.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 or more jalapenos, seeded or not depending on spice tolerance.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
Cream cheese layer:
- 6oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 slices of cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1-2 jalapenos, sliced
Cook bacon now if not already cooked.
Preheat oven to 375F.
- Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces and place into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add heavy cream.
- Add butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir to coat cauliflower and microwave for another 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and place into a blender along with cheese, jalapenos, garlic powder, and pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth.
For cream cheese layer:
- Place the cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds to soften.
- Add the shredded cheese and tomatoes.
- Mix thoroughly.
- In an 8×8 casserole dish, spread out the cauliflower puree in an even layer.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture out on top in an even layer.
- Top with shredded colby jack cheese, bacon, and sliced jalapenos.
- Bake at 375F for ~20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Optional – Place under broiler for 3-4 minutes to crisp up.
THIS POST IS FOR 21 AND OLDER ONLY. I DO NOT CONDONE UNDERAGE DRINKING. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
This is my new favorite drink. I love love love it.
Time: 2 minutes
Effort level: The lowest. Can you pour without spilling?
Amount: One drink
You need this:
- Fresh basil. FRESH
- Ice cubes
- Ginger beer
- Lime juice
- Add 5-6 basil leaves to the cup depending on size
- Fill cup 1/3 way with ice
- Add desired level of vodka
- Squirt in approximately 1tsp lime juice
- Fill to top with ginger beer.
This was spicy, creamy, and wonderful. Everything I crave when I want comfort food. My mouth like it more than my stomach the next day but well worth it.
I got this off a reddit post from r/ketorecipes
Orginal link here: http://www.ruled.me/buffalo-chicken-jalapeno-popper-casserole/
Time: 1hr 20min
Effort Level: Low. You need to be able to chop and shred
Amount: 6-8 servings? I kind of pigged out on this so I’m not sure what it should be. If you like it as much as I did plan on 4 servings.
You need this:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 6 or more slices of bacon
- 4-5 jalapenos – sliced
- 12oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-6oz shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and place on pan
- Cook for ~40mins or until chicken is 165F
- While chicken is cooking, chop the bacon and fry in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the bacon is almost done add all but one jalapeno to pan and cook until softened.
- To the pan add the cream cheese, mayo, and frank’s red hot. Mix together.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Remove chicken from oven and shred apart.
- Place shredded chicken in casserole dish (9x11ish)
- To the chicken add the jalapeno mixture and most of the cheddar cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese and raw jalapenos.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Optional – Broil for 3-5 minutes to crisp up.