This was spicy, creamy, and wonderful. Everything I crave when I want comfort food. My mouth like it more than my stomach the next day but well worth it.
I got this off a reddit post from r/ketorecipes
Orginal link here: http://www.ruled.me/buffalo-chicken-jalapeno-popper-casserole/
Time: 1hr 20min
Effort Level: Low. You need to be able to chop and shred
Amount: 6-8 servings? I kind of pigged out on this so I’m not sure what it should be. If you like it as much as I did plan on 4 servings.
You need this:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 6 or more slices of bacon
- 4-5 jalapenos – sliced
- 12oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-6oz shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and place on pan
- Cook for ~40mins or until chicken is 165F
- While chicken is cooking, chop the bacon and fry in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the bacon is almost done add all but one jalapeno to pan and cook until softened.
- To the pan add the cream cheese, mayo, and frank’s red hot. Mix together.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Remove chicken from oven and shred apart.
- Place shredded chicken in casserole dish (9x11ish)
- To the chicken add the jalapeno mixture and most of the cheddar cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese and raw jalapenos.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Optional – Broil for 3-5 minutes to crisp up.