I love this.So much so I’ve already made it again. Which means, not only did I find it very tasty but it’s easy to do!
I found this recipe here: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com
You will be seeing more from this site too! I highly recommend checking it out and searching the recipes.
*This meal can be made ahead of time and cooked later!
Effort level: Easy-medium. Multiple steps, and you need a blender so more effort is required on the cleaning side than anything.
Amount: 3-4 servings.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 or more jalapenos, seeded or not depending on spice tolerance.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
Cream cheese layer:
- 6oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 slices of cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1-2 jalapenos, sliced
Cook bacon now if not already cooked.
Preheat oven to 375F.
- Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces and place into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add heavy cream.
- Add butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir to coat cauliflower and microwave for another 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and place into a blender along with cheese, jalapenos, garlic powder, and pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth.
For cream cheese layer:
- Place the cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds to soften.
- Add the shredded cheese and tomatoes.
- Mix thoroughly.
- In an 8×8 casserole dish, spread out the cauliflower puree in an even layer.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture out on top in an even layer.
- Top with shredded colby jack cheese, bacon, and sliced jalapenos.
- Bake at 375F for ~20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Optional – Place under broiler for 3-4 minutes to crisp up.